Our mission here at BrokeScholar is quite simple; to save college students as much money as possible along their journey for higher education. As one of the leading sites in our industry we give back twice a year with our own scholarship opportunity.
- Officially accepted to or currently enrolled in a U.S. college or university for 2016-2017
- Undergraduate cumulative amounting to minimum 2.5 GPA
- Any field of study accepted
How to Enter
What is your best idea for making money as a college student?
Step 1.Tweet or post a picture on Instagram of your idea with the hashtag #BrokeScholar. You can use one of the buttons below if you’d like.
Note: If you would prefer not to use social media, that’s fine. Just submit your answer in essay form.
Step 2. Next submit your application below with a link to your tweet or Instagram picture along with a short 300-600 word essay explaining your money making idea.
August 31st, 2017
Submit your application using the form below. If you have issues you can contact us here.
Deadline: August 31st, 2017
We will announce the winner September 15th, 2017. The winner will be notified by email. The winner of the scholarship has until September 21st, 2017 to reply and claim the award.
Winner must provide the following:
- Official copy of undergraduate college or university transcripts
- If student is a new undergraduate please provide the following documents (official documents only): Copy of current academic transcript from student’s high school and copy of Acceptance Letter from college or University’s Admissions Office
- Proof of legal residency
Susan Pace – $1,000 award
Phil Poynter – $1,000 award